Asics offers clothing, shoes, and other gear to men, women, and children, and is beloved by running enthusiasts of all kinds. The Asics GT series is the go-to shoe for all kinds of runners and has won numerous awards. It has also drawn widespread acclaim from athletes.
The latest variant in this series, the Asics GT 2000 6, is built specially for runners with overpronation (flat foot). Offering arch support and a secure heel grip, the shoe is designed for both men and women.
The Asics GT 2000 6 is lighter than its previous versions and provides balanced cushioning. Let’s see what else this shoe line has to offer:
Size: This shoe runs small, so it’s suggested that runners buy a half-size bigger than their usual fit. Its widths are D – medium, 2E – wide and 4E – extra wide for men, and B – medium and D – wide for women.
Weight: At 298 g for men and 235 g for women, the Asics GT 2000 6 is a lighter version of its predecessor.
Upper: Wrapping the foot snugly while letting it breathe easy, the shoe’s open mesh upper offers great ventilation. Made from the Heel Clutching System, the Asics GT 2000 6 gives the runner a more precise and stable fit.
Laces: This shoe offers a traditional lacing system along with the unique Discrete Eyelets feature, which enables a more controlled fit.
Midsole: The Asics GT 2000 6 is made from Flytefoam, a responsive midsole technology. It also enables shock absorption and provides gender-specific cushioning, which gives women more bounce-back.
Outsole: The outsole is made from Asics High Abrasion Runner (AHAR), which gives the shoe the right grip on different surfaces.
Pricing and Availability
Currently, you can buy the Asics GT 2000 6 at all retail stores and on the Asics website. It’s also available online on Amazon, JackRabbit, and the DICK’s Sporting Goods website.
How It Compares
Now that we’ve looked at the features and specifications of the Asics GT 2000 6, it’s time to see how it stacks up against its alternatives. Let us take a look at the Brooks Beast and Mizuno Wave Sky lines, which also offer comfortable and durable running shoes.
Asics GT 2000 6
- DISCRETE EYELETS: Independently placed eyelets disperse lace tension, creating a customized fitting environment and enhanced upper comfort.
- HEEL CLUTCHING SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY: Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- COMFORDRY SOCKLINER: Removable sockliner that provides cushioning performance and moisture wicking for a cooler, dryer, healthier environment.
- DYNAMIC DUOMAX SUPPORT SYSTEM: This evolution of DUOMAX system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
- FLUIDRIDE MIDSOLE: ASICS FLUIDRIDE midsole provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
Providing support for overpronation along with snug heel support and customised cushioning for men and women, the Asics GT 2000 6 is the latest variant in the GT series.
- EASE OF USE
- BUILD QUALITY
The outsole of this shoe is made from blown carbon rubber, which is responsible for giving the runner a sturdy grip on various surfaces. However, some reviewers say the shoe offers too much friction against the ball of the foot.
Brooks Beast 18
- FOOT SUPPORT: Ideal for runners with a flat to medium arch looking for support.
- MAXIMUM CUSHION AND SUPPORT: Super soft and protective, these shoes provide the maximum stability with a soft, cushioned feel.
- PLUSH CUSHIONING AND FULL-BODY ALIGNMENT: The Super DNA midsole provides 25% more adaptable cushioning than our standard DNA midsole while the Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollerbar guides your body back into its natural motion path with added support.
- ENHANCED FIT: The improved fit of the soft, engineered air mesh upper offers a spacious toe box, structured saddle, and an external heel counter for reinforced stability.
- GUARANTEE: With Brooks’ True Blue Guarantee, take your gear for a trial run and if you’re not 100% satisfied within 90 days, return it for free.
Catering to similar runner needs with technology and insight, the Brooks Beast 18 is the latest in a line of shoes designed to provide comfort and support to runners and walkers with overpronation.
- EASE OF USE
- BUILD QUALITY
Stability features in this shoe include a breathable air mesh in the upper and an engineered mesh in the forefoot for support. Additionally, the outsole is made from different kinds of rubber, offering traction and durability.
Mizuno Wave Sky
- MIZUNO ENERZY CORE: Delivering the most resiliency and softness. It improves comfort and adds spring to drive optimum performance.
- MIZUNO ENERZY (FOAM): Offering versatility in its application, while still maintaining softness and resilience. It will help enhance performance capabilities.
- MIZUNO WAVE: The MIZUNO WAVE plate disperses energy from impact to a broader area providing a stable platform and a superior cushioning.
- X10 Outsole: Durable carbon rubber that allows for longer wear.
- Stretch Woven Upper
Providing cushioning and responsive support for long-distance running, the Mizuno Wave Sky offers comfort and stability to both joggers and walkers.
- EASE OF USE
- BUILD QUALITY
This shoe is the most expensive alternative in this category.
- Offers great support.
- Keeps the foot dry.
- Not durable enough.
- Excess friction.
After assessing the features, pros, and cons of the Asics GT 2000 6, we conclude that it’s a great option for runners and walkers with flat foot problems.
Lightweight with a snug heel fit and superior arch support, the shoe uses the best of recent technology to give runners a balanced workout.
Give them a try and let us know what you think!