For decades now, Brooks has been popular for sports gear that focuses on athletes’ needs. The brand has paid special attention to its shoes, launching one successful product line after another.
Prioritizing runners’ requirements over commercial viability, Brooks has been delivering excellent shoes through its series – like Addiction, Adrenaline, and Ghost, among others.
Let’s explore the latest launch in the Brooks Addiction series, the Brooks Addiction 13. What makes it work for runners?
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: With its maximum support and generous fit, the Addiction is great for both runners and walkers. If you’re looking for comfort or pain relief and haven’t found it in standard performance running shoes, this shoe might be your perfect match. This Brooks Addiction 14 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA, our proprietary cushioning,adapts to your stride, weight and speed. Why? So it can help protect you by reducing impact on your joints.
- MAXIMUM SUPPORT: Our Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB) is a support system for your entire body. It strategically positions arch support to guide and keep your body in its natural path of motion.
- GENEROUS FIT: Sometimes you need a little extra room to move around in. So if you need a roomier shoe for flat or high-volume feet or specialized orthotics, your search is over.
- WEAR TESTERS SAY: "I like the fit and cushioning of the shoes. The shoes were extremely comfortable when you first put them on. This is one of the key indicators that I will mostly likely buy the shoe. Also, the cushioning felt like it provides plenty of support."
The Brooks Addiction 13 specifically focuses on motion control and provides maximum support to runners while keeping up optimum cushioning. It’s a more comfortable version of its predecessor.
The shoe offers stability and flexibility while maintaining protection, and provides arch support to runners with flat feet. Using its proprietary BioMoGo and DNA technology, Brooks has been able to deliver a shoe that works very well for runners who overpronate.
- Size and Fit
- Heel Drop
The rubber outsole is built for higher durability and protection against shocks. It features MC Pod built, with small rubber pods placed in optimum gaps for better traction and shock absorption.
Created using the resistant HPR Plus material, the outsole ensures flexibility, sturdiness and premium motion control with flex grooves in the forefoot for added support.
Segmented Crash Pad
The shoe features a caterpillar-shaped heel segmented crash pad that protects you from abrupt landings by smoothening the heel-to-toe transition and providing additional cushioning.
Pricing and Availability
The price of Brooks Addiction 13 might vary by availability. Size 11 D (M) US in black/ebony is currently available on Amazon.
You can buy Brooks Addiction 13 online on Amazon, Brooks’ website and RoadRunnerSports.
How It Compares
How does Brooks Addiction 13 stack up against its peers?
- Crush mile after mile in the plush cushioning and maximum support of the Brooks® Addiction 13!
- Predecessor: Addiction 12.
- Support Type: Overpronation/Stability.
- Cushioning: Maximum cushioning.
- Surface: Road. Differential: 12 mm Moisture-managing, breathable mesh upper with structurally-supportive synthetic overlays. Lace-up closure. Padded tongue and collar. Buttery smooth fabric lining offers a great in-shoe feel. Removable foam insole. BioMoGo DNA midsole supplies long-lasting cushioning, and features an environmentally-friendly build that breaks down 50 times quicker at the landfill, compared to similar midsole materials. Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar® helps contr
- Ease of Use
- Build Quality
Brooks Addiction 13 prioritizes runner comfort above all else. The segmented crash pad protects you from abrupt landings by providing a seamless transition.
The midsole is built to offer optimum cushioning and flexibility to the foot, while the mesh upper maintains breathability.
Asics Gel Foundation 12 is a preferred choice among runners who tend to overpronate. It offers great motion control and support, with a broader midfoot for wider feet. It is a popular option for daily running.
- Ease of Use
- Build Quality
The shoe offers amazing comfort to runners, with gel cushioning in the rearfoot and forefoot. However, there have been a few negative reviews about the narrow toe box and rigidity in the natural movement of the shoe.
- Piston-like outsole pods push in and spring back with every stride for a responsive feel
- Stabilizer on the outside of the heel adds support
- Inner sleeve adds breathability and a sock-like fit
Nike LunarGlide 9 is another great option for overpronators seeking a lightweight trainer. It’s built to provide maximum stability, comfort and support to runners.
- Ease of Use
- Build Quality
The shoe is lightweight even though it’s built to fight overpronation, and runners find it extremely flexible and comfortable.
The use of Nike Dynamic Support System, along with the Lunarlon midsole, ensures excellent support. However, it falls short on responsiveness.
Pros and Cons
Brooks Addiction 13 is a power-packed shoe offering a host of features to aid efficient running. Let’s check out a few pros and cons:
With many different sizes and widths, the shoe caters to all foot structures. No matter what your requirements are, Brooks Addiction 13 has the right fit.
Brooks uses cutting-edge technology to make Brooks Addiction 13 a comfortable and durable shoe that delivers on motion control.
The midsole uses BioMoGo material, which is biodegradable and offers excellent comfort cushioning.
The Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar offers maximum support and a smooth run, along with the segmented crash pad that protects you from abrupt landings and ensures fluid heel-to-toe transitions.
The HPR Plus rubber outsole makes for endurance against degradation and gives the runner a smooth ride even on hard surfaces. The flex grooves also offer great flexibility and traction.
Since the shoe has been designed with a focus on support, the weight has shot up to 377g.
- Works for Nearly Everyone
- Advanced Technologies
- Excellent Support
- High Resilience and Flexibility
Brooks Addiction 13 is made for everyone but focuses on overpronators. It delivers beyond expectations on support and stability.
The caterpillar-shaped heel crash pad does a wonderful job of protecting against heel injury and making your landing smooth.
The outsole is made of highly durable materials and the MC Pods structure provides greater traction than the previous version.
The stitched upper with overlays in midfoot and the tri-density EVA foam that runs throughout the length of the midsole together make for a shoe that passes the test of comfort, support, breathability, and flexibility.
From our end, Brooks Addiction 13 gets a rating of 4.3 on 5. If you are a runner who suffers from overpronation, go for Addiction 13 and let us know your experience!